CityMash.com - What gets Vancouver foodies through a dreary and grey Vancouver winter? Dine Out Vancouver, of course! From January 20th to February 5th, Vancouverites looking for good eats at a better price will flock to the Dine Out festival. Over the 17 days of the festival, participating restaurants will offer three course prix fixe menus at $20, $30 or $40. These menus will show off the best of their restaurant’s fare and often feature complimentary cocktails or BC wine pairings.
As well as awesome deals at the almost 300 participating restaurants, Vancouverites can take part in a number of special Dine Out events. 124 food-centric experiences will be held during Dine Out 2017. These events include specialty food tours, like the Craft Beer and Tacos Tour or Vancouver Coffee Tour; food crawls, such as the neighbourhood brunch crawls in Kitsilano, Gastown and Yaletown; and cooking classes, like the Cocktail Masterclass or Perfect Pizza Cooking Class.
Dine Out Vancouver attracts over 100,000 guests every year. With 284 participating restaurants across Vancouver, and a user-friendly website where you can sort by price, neighbourhood and cuisine style, there’s a Dine Out spot for everyone. But hurry! The most popular restaurants will fill up fast. Dine Out restaurants begin accepting reservations on January 9th.
Here are a few of our favourite Dine Out picks for the 2017 festival!
- If you’d prefer something more familiar, a number of Vancouver’s favourite chain restaurants are taking part in Dine Out. Banana Leaf, Tap & Barrel, Boathouse Restaurant, Cactus Club, Moxie’s Grill & Bar, Romer’s and Keg Steakhouse & Bar are just a few of the chain restaurants you can score a deal at.
- Looking for a fancy meal? We recommend Ancora Waterfront Dining & Patio where you’ll find delicious fresh seafood or Vij’s for high end Indian food at one of the city’s bests.
- Craving vegetarian? Check out Acorn, a popular East Van vegetarian eatery that focuses on local foods packed with flavour. This year marks Acorn’s first time taking part in Dine Out.
- Want the most bang for your buck? Delicious $20 three course prix-fixe meals are available at many excellent restaurants such as The Fish Shack, Gyoza Bar Ltd. and Timber, a new addition featuring nightly roasts and Canadian classics.
- Hoping to try something new? Dine Out is welcoming 40 new restaurants in 2017, many of which are also new to the Vancouver food scene. If you want to get in on a newly popular joint, check out House Special Vietnamese Restaurant or Cacao.
Sounds delicious! Which Dine Out restaurant are you planning to visit first?